Chef Chris Wheeler, well known for being at the culinary helm of the luxury five star Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel in Buckinghamshire and for his appearances on Saturday Kitchen, Great British Menu and Sunday Brunch, has launched his debut cookbook The Ginger Chef 'Served Up’.
The book, which features over 65 recipes to suit all appetites, has been created so that you can create at home dishes which guests at Stoke Park have been raving about for years. Chris is often asked whether he has a book or any recipes that he can share with those dining in his award-winning Humphry’s restaurant and is excited about the opportunity to do this.
‘It’s been a long time coming and I’ve finally had the time to sit down and ensure that my recipes are translated from industrial-cooking terminology into recipes that people can make in the comfort of their own home. I have had several recipes featured in cookbooks previously but it’s completely different doing it all yourself!’ commented Wheeler. ‘It features over 65 of my recipes, from starters, fish, mains, desserts and also includes dishes created for vegetarians and vegans, including Gluten free options as well. I wanted to create a book of dishes which anyone can create at home, but I’ve also included a more challenging fine dining dish for each course as so you can really impress your family and friends!’
Priced at £20, the recipe book is available to buy online now from Chris’ website www.chefchriswheeler.com/shop/ or on Stoke Park's website https://www.stokepark.com/online-shop/products/books/index.html
About Chris Wheeler:
Over the past 25 years, Chris Wheeler has been wowing guests with his innovative cuisine and incredible personality. From being the right hand man to Jean- Christophe Novelli, to heading up the kitchens at the multi award winning Stoke Park in Buckinghamshire, Chris’s ability to create exquisite, mouth-watering dishes has won much praise from both the international media and the many guests who have enjoyed his food over the years. In 2016 he was named the Hotel Chef of the Year (over 250 covers) at the prestigious Hotel Cateys and has entertained millions on Saturday Kitchen, Sunday Brunch and Great British Menu. In 2017 he was appointed the UK Ambassador for the Quality Standard Mark Beef and Lamb Scheme and continues to raise a fortune for charitable causes. As one journalist recently wrote ‘People who love to eat are always the best people'.. and if Mr. Wheeler is around to feed them they’re also the luckiest.’
About Stoke Park:
Stoke Park, Europe's leading Five Red Star Hotel, Spa and Country Club, is set among 300 acres of glorious parkland, lakes, historic gardens and monuments created over the past one thousand years.
Stoke Park is the perfect place to enjoy life in a friendly atmosphere. It provides a unique combination of the traditions of an exclusive members' club and the best of today's sporting, leisure, entertaining and hotel facilities, in one of the most convenient locations in Britain: only 35 minutes from London and 7 miles from London Heathrow.
- 5 AA Red Star Hotel with 49 luxury Bedrooms and Suites - all with superb Marble Bathrooms
- 3 Restaurants, Bars and Lounges (Humphry's, 3 AA Rosettes)
- Recently refurbished 27 hole Championship Golf Course, designed by Harry Colt in 1908
- Recently refurbished 4,000 square foot gymnasium, newly fitted state-of-the-art Star Trac equipment, latest Boditrax technology and The Running Unlimited Immersive Pod.
- Spinning, Hot Yoga and Fitness Studios, holding over 50 studio classes a week
- Beauty Spa and Nail Bar with 11 Treatment Rooms
- Recently refurbished Indoor Swimming Pool
- 13 Tennis Courts (six grass, three indoor and four floodlit artificial clay)
- Creche, Games Room and Outdoor Playground
- 9 Private Function Rooms for Entertaining and Conferences
- Indoor Teaching Facilities for Golf and Tennis