Stoke Park, the luxury 5 AA Red star Country Club, Spa and Hotel in Buckinghamshire has launched the ultimate ‘Bake off’ competition.
This October, as the iconic venue celebrates 10 years since the release of Layer Cake, Executive Chef Chris Wheeler, maker of the original cake which features in the movie, is inviting bakers to send in their own ‘Layer Cake‘ photos and recipes, which will then be whittled down to 10 finalists.
In a Great British Bake Off style judging process, the 10 finalists (plus a guest each/ Media), Layer Cakes in hand, will then be invited to Stoke Park for a special Afternoon Tea at the Movies Tea Party, where Chris and his Head Pastry Chefs (husband and wife duo, Alex and Sarah Edwards) will judge each cake, as they are presented around the original Layer Cake set on Tuesday November 25th 2014.
The winner of the competition will win a Luxury Stay for two at Stoke Park, with an exquisite 6 course tasting menu with paired wines in Humphry’s, Stoke Park's 3 AA Rosette fine dining restaurant, spa treatments and a Baking Master class with Chris and his team.
Entries are now open and will close on the 7th November 2014 and must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
From Chris and his team, good luck and get baking!
Stoke Park, Europe’s leading five red star Hotel, Spa and Country Club, is set among 300 acres of glorious parkland, lakes, historic gardens and monuments created over the past one thousand years.
Stoke Park is the perfect place to enjoy life in a friendly atmosphere. It provides a unique combination of the traditions of an exclusive members’ club and the best of today’s sporting, leisure, entertaining and hotel facilities, in one of the most convenient locations in Britain: only 35 minutes from London and 7 miles from London Heathrow.
• 5 AA Star Hotel with 49 Luxury Bedrooms and Suites, all with Superb Marble Bathrooms
• 3 Restaurants, Bars and Lounges (Humphry's, 3 AA Rosettes)
• 27 hole Championship Golf Course, designed by Harry Colt in 1908
• State-of-the-art 4,000 sq. ft. Gymnasium, Fitness and Spinning Studios
• Health & Beauty Spa and Salon with 11 Treatment Rooms
• Indoor Swimming Pool with Hydro-Seats
• 13 Tennis Courts (six grass, three indoor and four flood lit artificial clay)
• Crèche, Games Room and Outdoor Playground
• 10 Private Rooms for Entertaining and Conferences
• 14 Acres of Private Gardens