Chris Wheeler, Stoke Park’s award winning Executive Chef will make his Great British Menu debut when the BBC 2 show hits our screens on Monday 29th August competing in the South West region!
The South West region week will start airing on Monday 5th September and Chris will be competing against Chefs Josh Eggleton and Jude Kereama.
Originally from Swanage in Dorset, Chris’ passion, enthusiasm and culinary excellence was spotted and nurtured from a young age by celebrated Chef Jean Christophe-Novelli. Chris worked alongside Novelli and was his right-hand man for ten years, where he learned a great deal and gained even more experience and developed his passion for food.
Chris joined Stoke Park in 2003 and has been building up the culinary reputation since, achieving 3 AA Rosettes for the fine-dining restaurant, Humphry’s as well as overseeing the entire culinary operation.
Chris is a familiar face on our screens having appeared on Hell’s Kitchen 2, Chefs Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is, Sunday Brunch and Saturday Kitchen, but this is the first time he will be going head-to-head with other leading chefs during a tense competition to bake the ultimate banquet.
' I'm really looking forward to being a part of this series of Great British Menu- it is such honour to be a part of the show and having the chance to come up with some fabulously creative ideas.' commented Chris Wheeler.
This year the series is making history by being the first TV show to be filmed in the Palace of Westminster.
And the winner will be given the prestigious prize of cooking at the banquet in honour of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II's 'Great Britons.'
In celebration of Chris’ appearance on the show, Stoke Park are delighted to launch two special packages.
With our Great British Menu Dinner Party package you will be able to enjoy the exact menu Chris cooks on the show in all its theatrical glory! Not only that, you will also be able to give marks out of 10 in the same manner as they do on the show, and interact with Chris himself!
Glass of Nyetimber English Sparkling Wine on arrival
Four Course Dinner Menu, as featured on Great British Menu, prepared by Executive Chef, Chris Wheeler
Private Room Hire
£ 120 inc VAT per person. Maximum of 10 guests. Subject to availability.
This package is available from Saturday 10th September 2016.
For more information or to book, please contact our Events team on 01753 71 71 71 email@example.com
We also have our fabulous Great British Menu Residential Package which includes:
- One night’s accommodation in a Superior Room
- Four Course Dinner Menu, as featured on Great British Menu, prepared by Executive Chef, Chris Wheeler
- Glass of Nyetimber English Sparkling Wine with Dinner
- Full English Breakfast or Continental Breakfast
- Complimentary use of Tennis and Health facilities
- (indoor swimming pool with hydro-seats, state-of-the-art newly refurbished gymnasium with Star Trac equipment, multi-surface tennis courts, steam rooms, hot yoga, fitness and spinning studios hosting up to 50 classes per week)
- £269 per person based on two sharing a Superior room, subject to availability. Standard upgrade charges apply. This offer is valid from Saturday 10th September 2016 until 30th December 2016.
- To book, please contact reservations on 01753 717172 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stoke Park, Europe's leading Five Red Star Hotel, Spa and Country Club, is set among 300 acres of glorious parkland, lakes, historic gardens and monuments created over the past one thousands years.
Stoke Park is the perfect place to enjoy life in a friendly atmosphere. It provides a unique combination of the traditions of an exclusive members' club and the best of today's sporting, leisure, entertaining and hotel facilities, in one of the most convenient locations in Britain: only 35 minutes from London and 7 miles from London Heathrow.
- 5 AA Red Star Hotel with 49 luxury Bedrooms and Suites - all with superb Marble Bathrooms
- 3 Restaurants, Bars and Lounges (Humphry's, 3 AA Rosettes)
- 27 hole Championship Golf Course, designed by Harry Colt in 1908
- Recently refurbished 4,000 square foot gymnasium, newly fitted state-of-the-art Star Trac equipment, latest Boditrax technology and The Running Unlimited Immersive Pod.
- Spinning, Hot Yoga and Fitness Studios, holding over 50 studio classes a week
- Beauty Spa and Nail Bar with 11 Treatment Rooms and new Spa Gardens
- Indoor Swimming Pool with Hydro-Seats
- 13 Tennis Courts (six grass, three indoor and four floodlit artificial clay)
- Creche, Games Room and Outdoor Playground
- 10 Private Function Rooms for Entertaining and Conferences
- Indoor Teaching Facilities for Golf and Tennis