Stoke Park, the luxury 5 AA Red star Country Club, Spa and Hotel in Buckinghamshire was transformed over the weekend to a breathtaking and intimate concert venue where on Saturday 28th June, Sir Elton John took to the stage to help raise funds for SportsAid, and on Sunday 29th June Katherine Jenkins wowed the crowds in a truly stunning performance!
Inspired by London 2012, the Elton concert raised more than £300,000 to support aspiring British athletes hoping to compete at the Olympic or Paralympic Games.
“We had a great night on Saturday,” Elton said after the concert. “The place was buzzing and it was fun to see so many Olympians and Paralympians dancing in amongst the crowd. What a great way to help our next generation of champions.”
On Sunday, celebrating her 34th Birthday in style, Katherine Jenkins took to the stage, giving an incredible performance, enchanting the audience and creating a truly magical evening. Katherine was accompanied by the National Symphony Orchestra led by renowned conductor, Anthony Inglis and supported by the new singing sensation group, Celeste.
"The concert at Stoke Park was truly a night I will never forget! Not one but two cakes, a beautiful summers evening in a gorgeous setting. Thank you to the wonderful audience for making it so special." said Katherine.
Stoke Park, Europe’s leading five red star Hotel, Spa and Country Club, is set among 300 acres of glorious parkland, lakes, historic gardens and monuments created over the past one thousand years.
Stoke Park is the perfect place to enjoy life in a friendly atmosphere. It provides a unique combination of the traditions of an exclusive members’ club and the best of today’s sporting, leisure, entertaining and hotel facilities, in one of the most convenient locations in Britain: only 35 minutes from London and 7 miles from London Heathrow.
• 5 AA Red Star Hotel with 49 Luxury Bedrooms and Suites, all with Superb Marble Bathrooms
• 3 Restaurants, Bars and Lounges (Humphry's, 3 AA Rosettes)
• 27 hole Championship Golf Course, designed by Harry Colt in 1908
• State-of-the-art 4,000 sq. ft. Gymnasium, Fitness and Spinning Studios
• Health & Beauty Spa and Salon with 11 Treatment Rooms
• Indoor Swimming Pool with Hydro-Seats
• 13 Tennis Courts (six grass, three indoor and four all-weather)
• Crèche, Games Room and Outdoor Playground
• 8 Private Rooms for Entertaining and Conferences
• 14 Acres of Private Gardens