Chris Wheeler, Stoke Park’s award winning Executive Chef will make his Great British Menu debut when the BBC 2 show hits our screens later in the year competing in the South West region!
Originally from Swanage in Dorset, Chris’ passion, enthusiasm and culinary excellence was spotted and nurtured from a young age by celebrated Chef Jean Christophe-Novelli. Chris worked alongside Novelli and was his right-hand man for ten years, where he learned a great deal and gained even more experience and developed his passion for food.
Chris joined Stoke Park in 2003 and has been building up the culinary reputation since, achieving 3 AA Rosettes for the fine-dining restaurant, Humphry’s as well as overseeing the entire culinary operation.
Chris is a familiar face on our screens having appeared on Hell’s Kitchen 2, Chefs Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is, Sunday Brunch and Saturday Kitchen, but this is the first time he will be going head-to-head with other leading chefs during a tense competition to bake the ultimate banquet.
' I'm really looking forward to being a part of this series of Great British Menu- it is such honour to be a part of the show and having the chance to come up with some fabulously creative ideas.' commented Chris Wheeler.
This year the series is making history by being the first TV show to be filmed in the Palace of Westminster.
And the winner will be given the prestigious prize of cooking at the banquet in honour of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II's 'Great Britons.'
In the regional heats, the chefs' dishes will be judged by eight competition veterans. They include Daniel Clifford, Simon Rogan, Phil Howard, Richard Corrigan, Michael O'Hare and Angela Hartnett.
The two chefs who are scored most highly by the Veteran judges will then present their four course menu to award winning restaurant critic, Matthew Fort, doyenne of British cookery, Prue Leith, and acclaimed restaurateur, Oliver Peyton.
Each week the panel of three will be joined by a guest judge who has been feted in his or her field.
Together, with the Great British Menu judges, they will decide which chef will be the champion of their region and worthy of potentially becoming an ambassador for contemporary British cuisine. The eight regional winners will then compete in the National Finals for a chance to cook at the Great Britons Banquet at the Houses of Parliament.
For all Chris Wheeler related enquiries please contact Nick Downie on firstname.lastname@example.org
For all Great British Menu enquiries please contact Giovanna Clark on Giovanna.email@example.com
Stoke Park, Europe's leading Five Red Star Hotel, Spa and Country Club, is set among 300 acres of glorious parkland, lakes, historic gardens and monuments created over the past one thousands years.
Stoke Park is the perfect place to enjoy life in a friendly atmosphere. It provides a unique combination of the traditions of an exclusive members' club and the best of today's sporting, leisure, entertaining and hotel facilities, in one of the most convenient locations in Britain: only 35 minutes from London and 7 miles from London Heathrow.
- 5 AA Red Star Hotel with 49 luxury Bedrooms and Suites - all with superb Marble Bathrooms
- 3 Restaurants, Bars and Lounges (Humphry's, 3 AA Rosettes)
- 27 hole Championship Golf Course, designed by Harry Colt in 1908
- Recently refurbished 4,000 square foot gymnasium, newly fitted state-of-the-art Star Trac equipment, latest Boditrax technology and The Running Unlimited Immersive Pod.
- Spinning, Hot Yoga and Fitness Studios, holding over 50 studio classes a week
- Beauty Spa and Nail Bar with 11 Treatment Rooms
- Indoor Swimming Pool with Hydro-Seats
- 13 Tennis Courts (six grass, three indoor and four floodlit artificial clay)
- Creche, Games Room and Outdoor Playground
- 10 Private Function Rooms for Entertaining and Conferences
- Indoor Teaching Facilities for Golf and Tennis