If you want to make the most of your Health Membership at Stoke Park and get ready and in shape for summer, then here’s a few tips from our Personal Trainers to keep you on track – they have given us some tips on how to increase our weight loss through food and hydration and also guidance on how to maximise our exercise.
- Eat More Protein
Protein is the most satiating macronutrient. In addition to leaving you feeling fuller longer, increased protein intake will also help you keep muscle mass when you're lowering your caloric intake and keep your energy levels high.
- Make Green Leafy Vegetables Your Friend
Green leafy vegetables are loaded with nutrients, but not calories. As an added bonus, they keep your body functioning at an optimal level by helping you maintain your system's acid/base balance. Kale and Bok Choy are good examples...
- Drink More Water
Dehydration makes you physically and mentally tired. When you're feeling a little parched—a sign that you might already be experiencing dehydration—ditch room temperature H2O and grab a glass of cold water. Drinking cold water has a slight thermogenic effect, allowing you to burn extra calories while you hydrate.
- Cut Out Unplanned Snacks
Calories from unplanned snacking can add up quickly and can cause havoc with your fat-loss goals. The message is pretty simple: If you didn't plan on it, don't eat it.
- Make Meal Prep For The Week
Whether you're cutting or bulking, meal prep is an essential part to any fitness journey. Eat regularly, don't skip meals, and keep a food journal. Writing things down will also help to keep you track of what you eat and could lead you to snack less.
- Drink Green Tea
Green tea is a fat-loss powerhouse. It is calorie-free and contains an antioxidant/caffeine combination that will boost your weight loss.
Try training a different way; add more weights and lifting into your routine, the heavier you lift – the more calories you burn. Increase your non-exercise physical activity such as parking further away and walking that bit further, stand instead or sitting where possible, take the stairs and walk instead of driving where possible!
Spinning is a great class to attend when you want to lose weight; it burns calories very quickly and in a short space of time and improves your metabolism.
If you have any questions or want more assistance in the gym to maximise your workout then speak to our Personal Trainers in the Gym.
Stoke Park, Europe's leading Five Red Star Hotel, Spa and Country Club, is set among 300 acres of glorious parkland, lakes, historic gardens and monuments created over the past one thousands years.
Stoke Park is the perfect place to enjoy life in a friendly atmosphere. It provides a unique combination of the traditions of an exclusive members' club and the best of today's sporting, leisure, entertaining and hotel facilities, in one of the most convenient locations in Britain: only 35 minutes from London and 7 miles from London Heathrow.
- 5 AA Red Star Hotel with 49 luxury Bedrooms and Suites - all with superb Marble Bathrooms
- 3 Restaurants, Bars and Lounges (Humphry's, 3 AA Rosettes)
- 27 hole Championship Golf Course, designed by Harry Colt in 1908
- Recently refurbished 4,000 square foot gymnasium, newly fitted state-of-the-art Star Trac equipment, latest Boditrax technology and The Running Unlimited Immersive Pod.
- Spinning, Hot Yoga and Fitness Studios, holding over 50 studio classes a week
- Beauty Spa and Nail Bar with 11 Treatment Rooms
- Indoor Swimming Pool with Hydro-Seats
- 13 Tennis Courts (six grass, three indoor and four floodlit artificial clay)
- Creche, Games Room and Outdoor Playground
- 10 Private Function Rooms for Entertaining and Conferences
- Indoor Teaching Facilities for Golf and Tennis